Podcast Guest faqs
You landed on this page, most likely because you've been selected to appear as a guest on Feisworld Podcast.
Congrats and Welcome Aboard!
Feisworld Podcast is a platform created for unsung heroes and self-made artist. We know just how special you are, and our listeners will be able to learn so much through your stories. Here's what will happen next.
1. Schedule the Interview
We make this simple enough - please send your availabilities (three 1-hour slots, timezone info) to feisworld (at) gmail (dot) com.
We only need one hour for the recording.
We ask for a few options to avoid conflicts, and we do our best to accommodate what works best for you. Once a time has been determined, we will send you an invite through Google Calendar.
2. Prepare for the Recording (Content and Technology-wise)
a) Please download Skype (if you haven't done so already) to your computer or mobile phone. Computer is preferred as it allows wired / ethernet connection and is generally more stable.
b) Add Fei Wu by searching for feisworld in Skype contacts.
c) Before the recording, it's best to plug an ethernet cable (if you have it) into your computer. Otherwise, please test your connection to make sure it's working well ahead of our interview.
d) During the recording, wear a headset or headphone to improve recording quality. (btw, your mobile headphone works just fine!)
Do you need to turn video on? This is optional, but I love seeing my guests during the recording! Some videos have been turned into videos on YouTube (See our YouTube channel) but YouTube isn't very effective for podcasts. Hence we decided to focus audio only as of January 2018.
We will ask and remind you at the beginning of the recording.
e) Do you need to prepare for your questions? This is also optional. Feisworld Podcast is very casual. We encourage you to listen to a few episodes to get a feel for it. Some guests prefer a general list of questions before the recording, let us know and we'll take care of that. Keep in mind - We tend to jump around and be spontaneous during the recording. Since it's not a live show - just sit back, relax and be yourself. :)
3. Podcast is LIVE - Let's Promote Your Story Together
After we complete our recording, the audio file is immediately queued for production. It normally takes between 2-4 weeks (yes, it's a labor of love). We will let you know as soon as the podcast is live. You will receive an email directly from us with ALL the podcast details, including the blog post, video and/or audio player, embed code for the web, show notes and favorite quotes.
Your episode will be automatically promoted to all of Feisworld Podcast channels on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn.
It's optional, but we highly recommend that you follow us (@feisworld everywhere) as well, so you can be notified and tagged for your episode when it comes out. See social links below.
We also encourage you to:
Share your episode with your friends, family and audience (i.e. social media, email lists) you've built over the years (if you don't feel comfortable doing that, you can always ask a friend, a sibling, a spouse. Trust us, it's OK to share and there's no shame in self-promotion).
- Share more than once - we noticed the power of sharing the episode more than once which can help triple the number of downloads.
- Interact with listeners, followers and people who comment on your episode
- Embed the audio player on your website - Yes, you are free to use any or all the content we record together. No need to ask us
- Consider getting a transcript - Here's a list of service providers from Consumer Affairs. You can also Google more options. 1 mins of recording usually costs $1. Our podcast is anywhere between 40-60 mins. Why get a transcript? An average American English speaker engaged in a friendly conversation speaks at a rate of approximately 110–150 words per minute (wpm) or 6,600 words per hour! Yes, that's easily worth 10 blog posts, and content you can repurpose easily elsewhere.