My 2018 New Year’s Resolution… Now What?
I have a whiteboard inside my office. On January 1st, 2018, I worked out a series of new year’s resolutions that happened to fit four quadrants.
Earlier today, I was planning on erasing it and replacing with all the exciting new projects I have planned – Feisworld’s first online course, Feisworld documentary, Feisworld Chinese Podcast…
Before I erased the board, I had to come clean about where I stand today – April 26th, nearly 4 months after I made myself all the promises. Now What?
Have you thought about this question like I just did?
This is what was on the board VS how well I think I’m doing:
Main Focus This Year
– Be a Good Boss (A)
– Stay in the Genius Zone (Do what I do best), focus on impact, not money
– Build an online community (B)
– First $5K outside of consulting –> Not Yet :p
– Read more (C)
How I Will Improve
– Improve self-care, daily! –> A (Woohoo, yeah!)
– Don’t say yes immediately to new projects –> A (It’s hard, but worth it)
– Do not take on more than 4 projects – or max at 20-25 hours per week for consulting work –> A
– Set aside 20 hours / 50% time per week on new growth and opportunities –> A- (Free time is finally there, I haven’t been as efficient)
– Build buffer between meetings (minimum 30 mins) –> B
Habits to Develop
– Reading Books (30 mins/day) –> D (Hmmm… not doing it)
– Writing (30 mins/day to 1hr/day) –> B (Doing it… not consistently, I read Helena’s http://entregurus.com/ every day to keep motivating myself)
– Exercise (30 mins-1hr, 3-4 per week) –> A (since a week ago… before that, pretty bad. I signed up at Lifetime, and I’m obsessed.)
– Get away from my computer (once an hr) –> B (need a reminder to get serious about it)
New Things to Learn / Revisit Old Hobbies
– Practice singing
– Pick up alto sax again
– Online business (online courses, webinar, etc.)
– Apple store training (draw on my iPad)
– Dance more (Hip hop, and Zumba counts, too)