Every news outlet is talking about this: YouTube AI features are coming soon according to Made on YouTube, the annual creator event on Thursday, September 21, 2023. These AI features will transform how creators make content on YouTube. In this article, we are going to break down the key features, their release dates, and what need to know and do NOW.
Last but not least, if you are without direct access to YouTube AI features because of your region or YouTube’s rollout schedule, there are things you can still do now by using existing AI tools to make your creative process easier and more productive.
With that said, let’s dive right in!
What are some of the YouTube AI features at a glance?
- YouTube Create App: A brand new editing tool from YouTube that allows for clip manipulation, audio quality improvement, beat detection for synchronizing clips with music, and more. Aimed at simplifying the video editing process and making content creation more accessible.
- Dream Screen for Animated Backgrounds: By typing a phrase, YouTube’s AI creates animated video backgrounds (e.g., typing “Calm waves at dusk” produces a serene beach scene).
- Aloud: AI Video and Music Recommendations: YouTube provides AI-generated video recommendations and assists in choosing appropriate music from their copyright-compliant library.
- Inspiration Tool in YouTube Studio (Research Tab): Assists creators by suggesting video topics and outlines based on real-time data and analytics, reducing brainstorming and research time.
- AI-Powered Dubbing Tool: Launching next year, this tool in YouTube Studio will enable creators to translate their videos into various languages.
- Creator Music: AI-powered search to help find the right tracks: We’re adding a new AI-powered search feature to Creator Music so you’ll be able to find exactly the right track to fit the mood of your videos.
When can you access the YouTube AI features?
Rolling out now in Q4 2023
- YouTube Create App is rolling out starting end of September 2023 for creators in the US, UK, India, Singapore, France, Germany, South Korea, and Indonesia, with more countries to come. Android app will be first with support for iOS coming in 2024.
Rolling out around Q1 2024
- Dream Screen is being introduced to select creators only by the end of 2023. YouTube aims to have this feature be available to more creators in early 2024.
Rolling out 2024
- Aloud – currently in testing and expanding to more creators in 2024. The first languages to be evaluated include European languages as well as Hindi, Bahasa Indonesia, and Japanese.
- Research Tab AI is being tested with small groups of creators later in 2023. Broader rollout to more creators in 2024.
- Creator Music is also tested with small groups of creators (in the US), with the plan to expand access to more creators and countries in the near future – no specific date and time yet.
Best YouTube AI Alternatives
Days after YouTube Create was being rolled out in the US, I still don’t see anything available in my iOS app store. The rest of the YouTube AI features seem to hold a longer wait – some will be released in early 2024 and some probably later in 2024.
Who can wait that long? No creator.
The good news is that you don’t have to. There are already a number of good to great AI tools for YouTube. Check out our trending article: Best AI Tools for YouTube (MEGAPOST)  where we talk about the best AI tools for all things related to YouTube from video editing to audience engagement.
Conclusion: Is YouTube AI worth the wait?
YouTube AI features are looking quite promising and also convenient for creators to be able to do more with YouTube’s built-in features and native YouTube apps.
There’s no doubt that YouTube can do more for creators, and collect more useful data to help our content reach a wider and more targeted audience.
But like AI solutions and apps, AI is a tool that assists creators in doing their work better and easier. Ultimately creators still need to understand the strategy behind their work: how to hook and provide value to their audience. A cute, animated panda created automatically with perfect music just isn’t going to cut it on its own. 🙂
I’m excited about this movement of enabling more people to create content. Similar to AI writing tools, YouTube AI features will hopefully unblock them from facing a blank canvas, an empty video project. Instead, YouTube AI is pushing us forward and helping us ship more content.
What are your thoughts on YouTube AI features? What are you most excited about? Please let me know in the comments below.
You aren’t alone on this journey to thrive as a creator and a business.
You might also like…
- Best AI Tools for YouTube (MEGAPOST) 
- Best AI Content Repurposing Tool For Video And Audio: Our 4 Favorites (2023)
- inVideo AI: Turn Any Idea Into Video Instantly (2023)