After writing our article about the Best AI Voice Generators, I stumbled upon a particular category of them: AI singer generators. Lalals is one of them, and it’s insane. It lets you transform your vocal track into voices from famous singers and characters, such as Shakira, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, The Weekend, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, and over 100 more.
Up until now, it was possible to do this by applying AI/ML models, but the tools and interface were obscure and difficult to use. Lalals changes this with a simple web interface where you can get results in just seconds.
This might change how music producers can record, create and produce tracks, and it has the power to open up endless opportunities. Let’s put it to the test!
What is an AI singer?
An AI singer is a computer program that can generate singing voices. These programs use artificial intelligence (AI) to analyze and replicate the vocal characteristics of real singers. AI singers can be used to create new songs, replace human singers in existing songs, or generate custom voices for virtual assistants or video games.
AI singers are still under development, but they have the potential to revolutionize the music industry! These programs can be used to create new and innovative music, and they can also help to make music more accessible to people who cannot sing themselves.
Lalals Review (2023): AI Singer Generator For Music Producers?
What is Lalals?
Lalals is an AI singer tool that allows you to transform your voice into the vocals of legendary artists. It uses a deep learning algorithm to analyze the singing style of different artists and to recreate their vocals using their own voices.
Here are some of the features:
- Transform your voice into the vocals of legendary artists: transform your voice into the vocals of over 100 different artists, including Adele, Beyoncé, Freddie Mercury, and Michael Jackson.
- Easy to use: record your voice singing a few bars of a song, and the tool will do the rest.
- Affordable: You can get started with a free trial, and then upgrade to a paid plan if you like the service.
- Customize the output: Apply different effects to the output and make it sound like a pro, such as pitch correction and reverb.
More than 100 artists to choose from
With more being added every day. They added 8 new voices in the past 3 days, and the count keeps going up.
How to use Lalals (Step-by-step)
To get started, you simply need to record your voice singing a few bars of a song. Lalals will then analyze your voice and generate a new vocal track that sounds like the artist you selected. You can then customize the output with different effects, such as pitch correction and reverb.
1. Log in to your account
Create an account and log in.
2. Select the singer you want from the list
3. Upload your recording
Drag and drop the file you recorded singing.
As an option, you can change the pitch of your original file, an octave up or down. This can help improve results when you are transforming from male to female or vice versa.
4. Wait for the file to upload and process
Lalals will upload your file and start processing it. Most of the examples I tested out take about 3-5 minutes maximum. You will see progress bars.
5. Listen and Download
When your file is ready, you will be ready to hear it or download it. Optionally, Lalals gives you a preview permanent link that you can share with your team members, friends, or family.
Lalals offers three pricing packages: Free, Credits, and Pro.
- Free: The Free plan allows you to create a few projects and experiment with a few different voices and effects.
- Credits: The Credits plan costs $12 (one time), includes access to 30 voices, 50 total conversions, and processes 3 minutes at once, without priority conversion.
- Pro: The Pro plan costs $24 per month. It includes all the features of the Starter plan, plus you can get priority support and access to exclusive features.
Conclusion: Are AI Singers Good?
AI Singers are opening up a whole new sphere of tools that will unlock possibilities for music producers and creators. There will for sure be a debate about whether the technology is good enough (it certainly will), and the governance around it.
So far, I find it fascinating that tools such as Lalals are so easy to use, yet they enable so many more people to create, play, have fun, and blow our minds with content we haven’t imagined before. Looking forward to seeing what people do with them!
Aspects I’m loving already about AI singers
- You could hear your favorite songs with your favorite singers, that otherwise would never happen.
- We could protect voices forever! Still create content after the persons pass away.
- You can listen to pro artists sing your own songs!
- Get famous artists featured on your song – Not sure how copyright will play out here, but the legislation will certainly evolve.
- Speed up productions by easily adding backing vocals and vocal layers. It’s great for prototyping and testing out things. Definitely a new level of creativity.
Other posts you might enjoy
- Best AI Voice Generators: Top 3 options (2023)
- Krisp AI Meeting Assistant: Summarize Your Meetings With AI (2023)
- Best AI Tools for YouTube (MEGAPOST)