Our guest today: Melissa Kwan
Melissa Kwan is the Cofounder and CEO of eWebinar, third-time bootstrapper, 13 years in startups, previous company acquired in 2019, digital nomad. Giving people back their time through webinar automation so they can grow their business without being there 24/7.
- Melissa Kwan is the co-founder and CEO of eWebinar, a webinar software company. The focus of her work is to help people save time through webinar automation. Melissa reflects on her journey and the importance of building an audience early on. She talks about her writing on LinkedIn and how she developed her own unique style.
- Melissa’s body of work is a “walking business school.” Melissa is the CEO of eWebinar and has been writing on LinkedIn for 16 months. She shares how she realized the importance of building an audience and the challenges she faced in marketing her product. She mentions discovering LinkedIn as a platform for sharing content and learning from other creators. Melissa discusses her writing style and finding her own voice that resonates with her audience.
- Melissa talks about her journey as a founder and the importance of building an audience for her product. She shares her experience with writing on LinkedIn and how she developed her own unique style. Melissa mentions taking a course by Justin Welch on LinkedIn operating system as a foundation for her content creation. She emphasizes the importance of finding a style that resonates with her audience.
- 00:01:19 Building an audience is crucial.
- 00:05:27. Engage audience with personal storytelling.
- 00:13:50 Be authentic in your writing.
- 00:16:26 Be authentic in entrepreneurship.
- 00:24:00 Advertising can deter potential customers.
- 00:27:22 Content should target specific audience.
- 00:31:27 Different paths to success.
- 00:39:41 Choose lifestyle over business.
- 00:44:56 Purple ocean = untapped market
- 00:47:33 Bootstrap founders should consider being second movers.
- 00:54:34 Embrace chaos for personal growth.
Connect with Melissa Kwan
You might also like…
- LinkedIn AI: Collaborative Articles and Earn Community Top Voice Badges
- Going Live on LinkedIn for the First Time
- I Tried Justin Welch’s 730-Day Content Library (Here’s What I Think)