Florin Rotar, the Chief AI Officer (CAIO) for Avanade, is here to share his insights on the transformative power of AI and how it is shaping the future of organizations. Florin’s extensive experience and global perspective make him a sought-after leader in the field, and he has been recognized as one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Ten CTOs to Watch in 2023. From attending and speaking at prestigious events with industry giants like Microsoft to driving Avanade’s own AI-first transformation, Florin’s journey is vibrant, dynamic, and above all, a lesson for us as creators and business owners working with AI.
Florin’s origin story
Florin Rotar, a Swedish native technologist, has led a life that has taken him across numerous countries and continents. After growing up in Sweden and spending a decade in the UK, Florin became one of the first employees of Avanade. Before this, he had a successful career with Procter and Gamble, and created and ran his own business as an entrepreneur. However, his desire to work closely with Microsoft Engineering led him to move to Seattle, where he initially planned to stay for only two years. To his surprise, Florin and his family fell in love with the nature, climate, and people, and Seattle is where they now call home.
00:03:41 Technology to people: using AI for good.
00:07:24 AI first: Transforming organizations and industries.
00:10:18 Obsession with what rather than why and how.
00:13:46 AI maturity crucial, human control essential.
00:17:36 Importance of responsible AI and lifelong learning.
00:19:47 AI copilot
00:24:19 How AI-powered Copilot empowers team members
00:29:14 Good training available from Microsoft and others.
00:31:46 Seek learning from others, attend events, and exchange knowledge.
Questions we asked
- How has Florin Rotar’s international background influenced his perspective on AI and its role in society?
- In what ways does Florin Rotar see AI as a tool for collaboration and empowerment rather than a replacement for humans?
- How can organizations align their AI strategies with their mission and values?
- What are some practical ways that executives can gain a better understanding of AI and its potential applications in their organizations?
- How can individuals from different age groups and domains upskill themselves and learn how to effectively work with AI?
- What are some examples of responsible AI practices that Florin Rotar and Avanade are implementing?
- How can the fear and skepticism around AI be mitigated by humanizing it and focusing on its positive potential?
- What are some key insights from the research mentioned in the episode about AI’s impact on jobs and its potential to create value and address societal problems?
- How can prompt engineering and effectively working with AI be valuable career skills in the future?
- Can you share any personal experiences or examples of how AI has been successfully integrated into organizations or industries?
Watch Our Interview
Connect with Florin Rotar
Your turn! What do you find interesting and helpful about this episode of Feisworld Podcast? Please let us know in the comments below.
Who else do you want to hear from next? Feel free to recommend future speakers to our show. Thank you!
The entire blog post with the introduction, back story, show notes, and questions are created automatically with one of our favorite AI tools called Castmagic in minutes, not hours!
You might also like…
- Microsoft Envision The Tour: Discover How AI Can Help You Create New Business Opportunities
- Content Strategy for AI Companies
- Generative AI Summit: AI Event and Community for Creators and Businesses